Saturday, January 31, 2015

What the ...?

One of our instructors from this weekend's yoga teacher training had us do an interesting activity. She suggested we get down on paper our true feelings about yoga. We were to take after her 10 year old daughter (also a lover of yoga) by writing a poem about what yoga means to us or how it's changed our lives.

I thought I would share my poem with you all. If you have attended a yoga class, you have probably felt the same feelings I describe in it. 

Enjoy!

Title: What the ...?

What the ...?
What is this feeling?
I am different, yet still the same.
I walked in here all crazy-like.
Monkey brain.
Everything mattered.
All was a mess.
Then, I was told to breathe.
To center myself.
To forget all those things on my mind, for just a little while.
I struggled with letting go of those things.
But I had to...as we moved on.
We all moved.
We moved in ways we weren't really supposed to, yet we still could.
We moved in ways that felt good...and in ways that didn't feel good at all.
But, we were reminded that when we didn't feel good, we could just breathe.
I've never breathed this way before.
But, it changed everything.
It changed all of us.
And here we all are now.
We're together.
And those thoughts? Now, they're nothing.
And I have nothing else to say, except...
What the ...?
And I love it.

Thank you for reading!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment